Ahhh, that crisp fall breeze has begun to make itself known. Autumn is my absolute favorite season because it brings back so many nice memories of traditions I grew up doing with my family. Now I’m from South Central Texas, and to me one of the most exciting parts of the Fall season is the temperature drop. In true frontera (border town) girl fashion, even the 60 degree morning weather has me sporting out all my cute sweaters and scarves. The best part is when you get out of work or school in the afternoon and the weather is still in the 60s instead of the 80s! Anyway, enough chit-chat. Let’s get to the good stuff aka my favorite Fall beverages that are totally Paleo!
PureVidaLinzita’s Dairy-free Pumpkin Spice Milk
This beverage gives you that festive flavor without all the refined sugars, dairy, fillers, and preservatives that you get out there in the conventional grocery store. This Pumpkin Spice Milk is versatile and can be enjoyed by itself, with breakfast Paleo breads or treats, over ice, or as a creamer substitute for your teas or coffee.
1. 1/4 cup of raw cashews
2. 20 ounces of water
3. 4 generous tablespoons of pumpkin puree
4. Pinch of nutmeg
5. Pinch of allspice
6. Depending on your preferred sweetness between 1 teaspoon to 2 tablespoons of date syrup
7. A pinch of sea salt
8. 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
9. 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1. Throw everything in the blender and blend.
3. Serve or store in a container.
Mexican Hot Chocolate estilo Abuelita (Abuelita Style)
My mouth is already watering thinking of this delicious comfort drink! Almost every Chicanx (American of Mexican descent or Mexican-American) knows that during the cooler weather that sweet cinnamon infused hot chocolate is the way to go. Whether you’re an Ibarra fan or an Abuelita fan, this dairy-free and refined sugar-free awesome alternative is sure to please your taste buds!
1. 1 tablespoon of raw organic cacao powder
2. 1/4 cup of cashews (or your preferred nut variation; cashews make for a creamier consistency which in my opinion is perfect for making hot chocolate)
3. A pinch of sea salt
4. 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
5. 3 to 5 Medjool dates or 2 tablespoons of date syrup (modify to match your desired sweetness)
6. A dash of ground clove
7. A tiny pinch of chili powder (OPTIONAL: I personally do without it because I get sick with any type of pepper, but if you want it to be authentic Mexican hot chocolate you may dare.)
8. 24 ounces of water
9. 1 scoop of Vital Proteins Vanilla Collagen (OPTIONAL)
1. In a small bowl mix together all the ingredients EXCEPT for the dates/date syrup, cashews, and water.
2. Add 24 ounces of water to the blender and add the cashews, dates/date syrup, and Mexican hot chocolate mixture.
3. Blend everything together.
4. Strain into a pot.
5. Heat the mixture to your desired temperature.
6. Serve and Enjoy!
This Paleo Mexican chocolate recipe also tastes delicious cold.
African Honeybush and Apple Tea
This is a nice refreshing beverage perfect for sipping from morning to afternoon. African Honeybush has anti-inflammatory properties which makes it ideal for people with any type of systemic inflammation. I normally drink my teas plain with no added sweetener, but this is one tea I enjoy alone and with a splash of no other than apple juice! Starbucks adds juices to their teas so I thought I would experiment with my own variation. Hope you enjoy this nice uplifting tea combo!
1. 4 cups of water
2. 2-3 tablespoons of African Honeybush tea
3. 1 to 2 cups of freshly pressed apple juice depending on your preference
1. In a pot, boil the water
2. Once boiling, turn the heat on low and steep the African Honeybush tea in its diffuser into the water for 8 to 10 minutes.
3. Add the apple juice and stir
4. Serve and Enjoy!
This drink tastes amazing both hot and cold! Hope you like it!
Paleo Pumpkin Spice Latte
Now this is a classic Fall beverage that never disappoints! I have been drinking this every weekend for the last two weeks. The best part of this recipe is that it is totally easy! Give your body some extra love by adding in the Vital Proteins gelatin which has gut healing properties. Get your “basic” on with this Paleo version of PSL.
1. Brewed coffee of choice. I use decaf espresso.
2. 2 scoops of Vital Proteins beef gelatin (Don’t freak out, it does not have a taste)
3. PureVidaLinzita’s Pumpkin Spice Milk
4. 1 teaspoon of Maple Syrup (Optional)
1. Add the scoops of beef gelatin into the coffee and stir until dissolved.
2. Add PureVidaLinzita’s Pumpkin Spice Milk
3. Add Maple Syrup (Optional)
4. Pour and enjoy!
I hope you all enjoy these drinks! Remember, if you try them out please tag me on Instagram (@purevidalinzita) so that I can see your awesome Fall beverages!