What is more comforting than relaxing on a Friday after a long day of work or school and munching on a nice warm slice of pizza pie? This pizza recipe is EXTREMELY nutrient dense, paleo, and dairy-free! Because of my autoimmune disease, I stay away from inflammatory foods such as dairy and grains. It had been a hot minute since I’d eaten pizza because of these reasons. After many attempts, I finally put together a great tasting pizza that will have you feeling completely guilt-free! They look chiquitos, small, but they sure mean business. I tested this recipe on people who could eat an entire standard medium pizza, and they were full with one personal Paleo pizza! Bring on that appetite y’all!
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 4 sprigs of parsley
- 2 garlic cloves
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 cup of pine nuts
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until pesto is smooth.
Paleo Pizza Dough
I used this pizza dough recipe, doubled the recipe, and added 1 tsp each of basil, oregano, thyme, and rosemary. I added 1 Tbsp of arrowroot flour to give it a better consistency. I also sprinkled some almond flour on top of the crusts right before putting them into the oven to give it that grainy artisan bread feel.
- 1/2 of a small onion
- 1/2 of a small bell pepper
- Approximately 6 black olives- sliced
- 1 Applegate Turkey Bacon*cooked
- 1 Applegate Beef Hotdog* cooked
- A sprinkle of cooked organic grass fed ground bison*
- Sun dried tomatoes*
- Banana peppers*
- Organic Valley summer sausage*
- Dollop of Treeline dairy-free cream cheese*
*Items are optional. You can make this a vegetarian pizza by omitting the meats. You can also add your veggies of preference.
- Slice or dice ingredients to your liking
- Sautée onions and bell peppers
- Cook meat toppings
- Reserve for pizza toppings
Paleo Ranch Sauce
- 4 Tbsp Primal Kitchen Paleo Mayonnaise
- Juice of 1/2 a Lemon
- Salt and Pepper to Your Taste
- 1/2 tsp Ground Celery
- 1 tsp Dill Weed
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
*You can make the ranch dressing or you can just purchase this Paleo Ranch from Primal Kitchen.
- Combine all ingredients and adjust herbs and spices to your taste.
- Once all ingredients are prepared and ready, begin assembly
- Spread pesto on top of the baked pizza crusts
- Add your pizza toppings
- Drizzle paleo ranch dressing on top of them
- Pop your pizzas back in the oven for 5 minutes
- Slice pizzas into 4 slices and ENJOY!